The Downtowner 10 "Best
1. Best Honor of the Month -- Ken Easley, the former
Oscar Smith High School athlete, was inducted into
the Pro Football Hall of Fame this month. It was a
well deserved honor for Easley, who was one of the
best we have ever seen back in his era. You rock!
2. Best General Manager of the Month -- Jeremy Talley
of Tortilla West Restaurant in Chelsea keeps the team
scoring at this great eatery. Way to go, Jeremy!
3. Best Home-grown Tomatoes -- Bryan Graves of West
Ghent grew some as big as grapefruits. Terric!
4. Best Pastrami Sandwich -- The French Bakery at
4108 Granby Street in Norfolk has had the best for
over 100 years. Yum! Way to go, George!
5. Best Mexican Restaurant -- Mi Hogar at 4201 Granby
Street takes top honors once again. Moderately priced
and delicious meals keep the patrons coming back for
more. More Tacos, please!
6. Best Anniversary of the Month -- Taylor Elementary
School located in the West Ghent section of Norfolk
is celebrating its 100th Anniversary in October. Happy
Birthday to a wonderful school!
7. Best Breakfast -- 905 on the Bay Restaurant at
905 E. Ocean View Avenue. Delicious! Yay Yiannis!
8. Best Upcoming Season -- Hooray for NFL, College
and High School Football! Wishing the best of luck
to your favorite team!
9. Best Sports Bar -- The Azalea Inn has been serving
patrons for over 60 years and continues to be the
place to watch sports and enjoy fine dining.
10. Best thought of the Month -- Cooler fall temperatures
will be here soon. Yay Mother Nature!
Return to top